By A Google User
, October 02, 2017
This review comes after living in a Capitol Centre Court townhouse for 1 year and choosing not to renew the lease. I rate the building as 2/5 because I believe it is below average for the price they charge. Hopefully this information is useful for others.
- Management and staff are terrific. All maintenance requests were dealt with promptly. Staff also easily allowed us to add an additional month onto our lease to accommodate our move-out which wasn't necessary for them to do, but helped us tremendously.
- The location is as good as you will find in Madison. Short walking distance to restaurants, bars, Capitol, State St., and UW campus.
- The amount deducted from our security deposit was reasonable upon moving out.
- This building is well past its prime and desperately needs remodeling. The townhome interior is not modern at all. Carpets need to be replaced and the wood paneling can be described as "1980's interior on a budget". Unless you are a struggling college student, or don't care at all about how your apartment looks, this place doesn't cut it.
- The available internet is slooowwwwww which makes streaming anything painful. Often I did not connect my cell phone to the apartment wifi and drained my data as the wifi is terrible. Management will not allow renters to use their own routers.
- Heating/Cooling. The unit is heated with electric elements (another nod to the 1980's when electric was cheap.) Our electric bills in the winter months were well above $150/month even while keeping the unit's temperature pretty low (65 degrees). The unit is not well insulated so you have to decide between having a freezing apartment or paying an arm-and-a-leg for electric. Additionally, the air conditioning does not suffice particularly in the summer months. Only one of the two bedrooms comes with an AC and it would get very warm during summer months. (TL;DR too hot in summer, too cold in winter)
- Laundry. This isn't a problem if you live in the main building, but the townhomes do not include washer/dryer. As a result, the nearest place to do laundry involves cutting across the courtyard, down several flights of stairs and closed doors, and finally into the building's laundry room. This was a major pain especially in the winter months.
- Price. Covered, not heated, parking was $150/month. Combined with the townhome's rent each person can expect to pay $900+/month. This is too expensive for the living conditions you are given. Not worth the money. There are many new buildings in Madison that have comparable or cheaper rent.
Overall, this building needs a major update sooner rather than later. Staff was always super helpful. If you are a college student who isn't concerned with the building's appearance, or the location is too good to pass up, this place is for you. Otherwise, the reasons above led my roommate and I to decide to not renew our lease.
See Google+ Reviews